In traditional werewolf stories, it’s the light of the full moon that catalyzes the transformation from human being to ferocious beast. Floyd and Jeremy of ATL alt-hip hop duo Weapons of Audio have a slightly different trigger: the flashing lights and booming bass of a crowded dancefloor. On new EP single Mr. Wolfe, the follow-up to lead effort Night Light, the brothers showcase their sung and flowed vocals over an effervescent indie-dance beat of their own creation. The result is guaranteed to “[awaken] the wolf within” even the most timid clubgoer. Girl Crazy, which is scheduled for release on May 6, will be available for stream and purchase via The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Weapons of Audio’s Jesus “Demonbabies” Rivera-directed Mr. Wolfe visual.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.