How appropriate that I grabbed this track after returning from an epic time at A3C this weekend (if you missed out, you did your ears an injustice). Of the many artists attending the festival, two standouts were Jeremy and Floyd, brothers that collectively make up Weapons of Audio and are making their debut on the Booth today. As far as eclectic goes, WoA is rewriting the definition of the word by keeping listeners guessing with a mix between hip-hop and electro-pop. You know what? It’s almost impossible to describe their sound, you’ll just have to listen to their new single Kill My Boss, a record that finds the dynamic duo bouncing around diverse production from Artist Sensey (of SMKA) that’s as humorously dark as it is creative: “So when my lunch break comes, Im’a go and get my gun/ headed back to the office, and I’m gonna have me some fun.” If you’re a fan (of not being a fan) of your boss, the workplace, or just work in general, be sure to keep a lookout for Audio when they drop their upcoming project, Bipolar, on October 21.
Written by Sigurd on 10/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.