Now that they’ve effectively ensured the termination of their day jobs by releasing a single titled Kill My Boss, Jeremy and Floyd of Weapons of Audio can look forward to having a little more time on their hands. What are the ATL-based duo planning on doing with their newfound freedom? Well, in addition to focusing on their musical career, they’ll be spending a lot more time with the lovely ladies who hang out on the Boulevard. Drastically different in sound from their last feature but no less audacious, this new single finds the twosome trying their hand at a New Wave/punk vibe; over their own crunchy, not-too-polished electric-guitar backdrop, the twosome wax poetic about women in push-up bras, thigh-high boots and cherry-red lipstick. And they top it all off with a rapped homage to Run-DMC classic Tricky, because… why the hell not? Judging by what we’ve heard thus far, Weapons of Audio’s latest project could hardly be more accurately titled. Those digging the twosome’s patented brand of genre-blending insanity will undoubtedly find more to like on Bipolar, released on the 21st and out now online.
Written by richard on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)