Now that they’ve effectively ensured the termination of their day jobs by releasing a single titled Kill My Boss, Jeremy and Floyd of Weapons of Audio can look forward to having a little more time on their hands. What are the ATL-based duo planning on doing with their newfound freedom? Well, in addition to focusing on their musical career, they’ll be spending a lot more time with the lovely ladies who hang out on the Boulevard. Drastically different in sound from their last feature but no less audacious, this new single finds the twosome trying their hand at a New Wave/punk vibe; over their own crunchy, not-too-polished electric-guitar backdrop, the twosome wax poetic about women in push-up bras, thigh-high boots and cherry-red lipstick. And they top it all off with a rapped homage to Run-DMC classic Tricky, because… why the hell not? Judging by what we’ve heard thus far, Weapons of Audio’s latest project could hardly be more accurately titled. Those digging the twosome’s patented brand of genre-blending insanity will undoubtedly find more to like on Bipolar, released on the 21st and out now online.
Written by richard on 10/27/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.