Now that they’ve effectively ensured the termination of their day jobs by releasing a single titled Kill My Boss, Jeremy and Floyd of Weapons of Audio can look forward to having a little more time on their hands. What are the ATL-based duo planning on doing with their newfound freedom? Well, in addition to focusing on their musical career, they’ll be spending a lot more time with the lovely ladies who hang out on the Boulevard. Drastically different in sound from their last feature but no less audacious, this new single finds the twosome trying their hand at a New Wave/punk vibe; over their own crunchy, not-too-polished electric-guitar backdrop, the twosome wax poetic about women in push-up bras, thigh-high boots and cherry-red lipstick. And they top it all off with a rapped homage to Run-DMC classic Tricky, because… why the hell not? Judging by what we’ve heard thus far, Weapons of Audio’s latest project could hardly be more accurately titled. Those digging the twosome’s patented brand of genre-blending insanity will undoubtedly find more to like on Bipolar, released on the 21st and out now online.
Written by richard on 10/27/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.