Now that they’ve effectively ensured the termination of their day jobs by releasing a single titled Kill My Boss, Jeremy and Floyd of Weapons of Audio can look forward to having a little more time on their hands. What are the ATL-based duo planning on doing with their newfound freedom? Well, in addition to focusing on their musical career, they’ll be spending a lot more time with the lovely ladies who hang out on the Boulevard. Drastically different in sound from their last feature but no less audacious, this new single finds the twosome trying their hand at a New Wave/punk vibe; over their own crunchy, not-too-polished electric-guitar backdrop, the twosome wax poetic about women in push-up bras, thigh-high boots and cherry-red lipstick. And they top it all off with a rapped homage to Run-DMC classic Tricky, because… why the hell not? Judging by what we’ve heard thus far, Weapons of Audio’s latest project could hardly be more accurately titled. Those digging the twosome’s patented brand of genre-blending insanity will undoubtedly find more to like on Bipolar, released on the 21st and out now online.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Kill My Boss" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.