If I had a quarter for every time a hip-hop record urged me to twist the volume knob on my speakers as far clockwise as it goes, I’d have a few bucks. Of course, if I followed the instructions every time I’d have a lot less money; replacement speakers and visits to hearing specialists ain’t cheap. While We Stole The Show echo that familiar demand on the latest song release (an exclusive world premiere) off their forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted mixtape—and, although I’m playing it safe this time and not playing it at an eardrum-shattering level, I can state wih confidence that the record will sound dope at any volume. In stark contrast to the Northeastern crew’s romantically-themed Booth debut, this joint is a hard-boiled paean to the hustle, with Alex B‘s minimalistic, synth-laced production whirring and bumping in the back as rappers Rhyson Hall and Grand Phee emphasize their determination to get that gwap. Have WSTS, well, stole the show with this one? Those leaning toward the affirmative can hear plenty more where this came from on the crew’s We Stole the Throne tape, set to hit our mixtape page July 16 for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring It Right Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.