If I had a quarter for every time a hip-hop record urged me to twist the volume knob on my speakers as far clockwise as it goes, I’d have a few bucks. Of course, if I followed the instructions every time I’d have a lot less money; replacement speakers and visits to hearing specialists ain’t cheap. While We Stole The Show echo that familiar demand on the latest song release (an exclusive world premiere) off their forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted mixtape—and, although I’m playing it safe this time and not playing it at an eardrum-shattering level, I can state wih confidence that the record will sound dope at any volume. In stark contrast to the Northeastern crew’s romantically-themed Booth debut, this joint is a hard-boiled paean to the hustle, with Alex B‘s minimalistic, synth-laced production whirring and bumping in the back as rappers Rhyson Hall and Grand Phee emphasize their determination to get that gwap. Have WSTS, well, stole the show with this one? Those leaning toward the affirmative can hear plenty more where this came from on the crew’s We Stole the Throne tape, set to hit our mixtape page July 16 for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring It Right Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.