If I had a quarter for every time a hip-hop record urged me to twist the volume knob on my speakers as far clockwise as it goes, I’d have a few bucks. Of course, if I followed the instructions every time I’d have a lot less money; replacement speakers and visits to hearing specialists ain’t cheap. While We Stole The Show echo that familiar demand on the latest song release (an exclusive world premiere) off their forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted mixtape—and, although I’m playing it safe this time and not playing it at an eardrum-shattering level, I can state wih confidence that the record will sound dope at any volume. In stark contrast to the Northeastern crew’s romantically-themed Booth debut, this joint is a hard-boiled paean to the hustle, with Alex B‘s minimalistic, synth-laced production whirring and bumping in the back as rappers Rhyson Hall and Grand Phee emphasize their determination to get that gwap. Have WSTS, well, stole the show with this one? Those leaning toward the affirmative can hear plenty more where this came from on the crew’s We Stole the Throne tape, set to hit our mixtape page July 16 for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/25/12
Electronic music, merged with hip hop, comedy and singing? Yup, that describes We Stole The Show. The juxtapose odd couple, made up of mild mannered by day and explosive by night Rhyson Hall and tell-it-like-it-is veteran...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring It Right Back" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.