While We Are The Tay currently resides in Atlanta, the up-and-coming beatsmith’s roots are in Detroit. Thus, it’s only appropriate that, on his latest single and first Booth feature, he enlists a pair of talented rhymesayers from the Motor City. On Slow Motion, the headliner’s hazy street boardwork (complete with chopped-and-screwed hook) sets the stage for the lyrical stylings of Booth fave Young Scolla and first-time featuree The Stampede. Fans can find this cut and much more on the producer’s Cool Under Shadows street album, released to the ‘net in late November.
Written by richard on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.