While We Are The Tay currently resides in Atlanta, the up-and-coming beatsmith’s roots are in Detroit. Thus, it’s only appropriate that, on his latest single and first Booth feature, he enlists a pair of talented rhymesayers from the Motor City. On Slow Motion, the headliner’s hazy street boardwork (complete with chopped-and-screwed hook) sets the stage for the lyrical stylings of Booth fave Young Scolla and first-time featuree The Stampede. Fans can find this cut and much more on the producer’s Cool Under Shadows street album, released to the ‘net in late November.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.