If you know your West Coast hip-hop, then you know WC – an alumnus of ‘90s crew Westside Connection as well as a veteran solo artist, he’s been a staple of the Cali scene for many a year. And if you haven’t been acquainted, well, consider yourself introduced. Released earlier this month, current single You Know Me should give you a good idea of what the South Central mainstay’s all about. With Hallway Productionz’ stomp-clap percussion, synth-bass and skittering string samples banging in the background, he delivers a booming chronicle of his daily grind – hustling, popping bottles, rolling through the hood with a bad b*tch by his side… – liberally spiced with pop-referential wit (“ shake up the audience like Mike Vick walkin’ in a dog show.”). Assisting on the guest tip are Booth newcomer Malay, who reps his region and shows off his tats on the middle, and Westside partner-in-rhyme Ice Cube, who brings the record to a strong finish with some reedy hood talk. Craving more street-ready jams? Stay tuned – WC’s fourth solo set, Revenge of the Barracuda has yet to receive a release date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 01/24/11
Submit your Rating
Swag Records/Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)