If you know your West Coast hip-hop, then you know WC – an alumnus of ‘90s crew Westside Connection as well as a veteran solo artist, he’s been a staple of the Cali scene for many a year. And if you haven’t been acquainted, well, consider yourself introduced. Released earlier this month, current single You Know Me should give you a good idea of what the South Central mainstay’s all about. With Hallway Productionz’ stomp-clap percussion, synth-bass and skittering string samples banging in the background, he delivers a booming chronicle of his daily grind – hustling, popping bottles, rolling through the hood with a bad b*tch by his side… – liberally spiced with pop-referential wit (“ shake up the audience like Mike Vick walkin’ in a dog show.”). Assisting on the guest tip are Booth newcomer Malay, who reps his region and shows off his tats on the middle, and Westside partner-in-rhyme Ice Cube, who brings the record to a strong finish with some reedy hood talk. Craving more street-ready jams? Stay tuned – WC’s fourth solo set, Revenge of the Barracuda has yet to receive a release date, but you’ll be first to know when that changes.
Swag Records/Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.