I know a lot of people who don’t call the west coast home may look at WC and instantly think “Ice Cube and Mack 10’s running mate,” but here on the Westside…ok, so he’s kinda thought of in the same sense here too. However, the Cali emcee has proven in the past that he can produce quality music on his own and he’s looking to do so again with his latest single, That’s What I’m Talkin’ Bout. Not too many people represent their city as hard as WC, and it’s showcased here as he fills Talkn’ Bout with bandana-finger-twisting-marijuana references. Behind steady claps and Dre-esque heavy piano keys provided by Teak & Dee Underdue (for Hallwayz Productions), the song bangs damn hard. You’ll definitely be hearing this on Power 106, but for those of you who don’t live in the city of angels, you can get a taste of WC on his upcoming album, Revenge of the Barracuda - hopefully coming sooner than later.
Written by Jon Garcia on 07/14/10
Submit your Rating
Swag Records/Entertainment One Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Los Angeles ft. Ice Cube" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.