In L.A. the car is king. Not only do Angelenos consider their cars manifestations of themselves, it’s impossible to navigate the city without four wheels and a motor. So if you’re forced to cruise the streets on a bike because, for example, your license has been taken away from repeated D.U.I.’s, you’re at a sizable disadvantage – unless you’re Wax. Like seemingly all things in his Scrublife, the L.A. based emcee approaches his motor vehicle disadvantage with a spirit of adventure and, of course, continued alcoholism. In typical Wax fashion the production on potential single Two Wheels is stripped down and impossible to dislodge from your brain once it’s stuck there; this time around we can thank Finatic & Zac, along with Jim Jonsin, for the honors. But of course it’s the headliner himself who makes Two Wheels truly work, embedding the track with defiant rhymes that also occasionally veer into hilarity. Hey, there’s a silver lining to everything, right? To ride along with Wax be sure to pick up a copy of his Scrublife mixtape, available for free stream and download via DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.