In L.A. the car is king. Not only do Angelenos consider their cars manifestations of themselves, it’s impossible to navigate the city without four wheels and a motor. So if you’re forced to cruise the streets on a bike because, for example, your license has been taken away from repeated D.U.I.’s, you’re at a sizable disadvantage – unless you’re Wax. Like seemingly all things in his Scrublife, the L.A. based emcee approaches his motor vehicle disadvantage with a spirit of adventure and, of course, continued alcoholism. In typical Wax fashion the production on potential single Two Wheels is stripped down and impossible to dislodge from your brain once it’s stuck there; this time around we can thank Finatic & Zac, along with Jim Jonsin, for the honors. But of course it’s the headliner himself who makes Two Wheels truly work, embedding the track with defiant rhymes that also occasionally veer into hilarity. Hey, there’s a silver lining to everything, right? To ride along with Wax be sure to pick up a copy of his Scrublife mixtape, available for free stream and download via DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.