The thing about Tomorrow is that, by the time you get there, it’s today, and tomorrow’s a whole ‘nother 24 hours away. Which makes it a convenient time to schedule life improvements that you have f**k-all intention of actually carrying out. On the final entry in his Unplugged series, premiered earlier today on Earmilk, Wax sends up a rationalization technique that’ll be familiar to anyone who’s ever put off kicking a bad habit, or initiating a good one. On this Greg Wells-produced joint, Wax’s backing band provides a breezy rock backdrop as he recounts the endless series of “last nights” he spent getting trashed on the proceeds from his musical career. Intense Imagination directs the accompanying live visuals. Wax Unplugged may be at an end, but don’t despair; the multitalented DMV native is currently working on a new album, of which Tomorrow is a part. As always, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.