The thing about Tomorrow is that, by the time you get there, it’s today, and tomorrow’s a whole ‘nother 24 hours away. Which makes it a convenient time to schedule life improvements that you have f**k-all intention of actually carrying out. On the final entry in his Unplugged series, premiered earlier today on Earmilk, Wax sends up a rationalization technique that’ll be familiar to anyone who’s ever put off kicking a bad habit, or initiating a good one. On this Greg Wells-produced joint, Wax’s backing band provides a breezy rock backdrop as he recounts the endless series of “last nights” he spent getting trashed on the proceeds from his musical career. Intense Imagination directs the accompanying live visuals. Wax Unplugged may be at an end, but don’t despair; the multitalented DMV native is currently working on a new album, of which Tomorrow is a part. As always, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.