The thing about Tomorrow is that, by the time you get there, it’s today, and tomorrow’s a whole ‘nother 24 hours away. Which makes it a convenient time to schedule life improvements that you have f**k-all intention of actually carrying out. On the final entry in his Unplugged series, premiered earlier today on Earmilk, Wax sends up a rationalization technique that’ll be familiar to anyone who’s ever put off kicking a bad habit, or initiating a good one. On this Greg Wells-produced joint, Wax’s backing band provides a breezy rock backdrop as he recounts the endless series of “last nights” he spent getting trashed on the proceeds from his musical career. Intense Imagination directs the accompanying live visuals. Wax Unplugged may be at an end, but don’t despair; the multitalented DMV native is currently working on a new album, of which Tomorrow is a part. As always, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest tunes and release details.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.