Normally I wouldn’t bring up a ‘90s band like Better Than Ezra on a hip-hop site like The DJBooth, but when I first saw the title of Wax’s Rosana some strange synapse in my brain fired and I immediately thought of Ezra’s Rosealia, which is actually strangely fitting considering both songs are about…um…women whose names start with the letter R. Ok, so maybe the two songs don’t have that much in common, but if anyone should appreciate an off-kilter pop culture reference it’s Wax. Featuring production by Nobody Famous that bravely blends hip-hop percussion with mariachi strings and horns, Rosana finds the Scrublife author contemplating a woman who’s sexual appetite is even bigger than he can possibly manager: “Lotta joy, lotta pleasure, lotta pain, lotta misery / she turn me over she be draining me physically.” Excuse me if my sympathy is limited, I believe that’s what they call a good problem. Catchy, creative and often hilarious, this standout selection is an ample indication of what awaits listeners on Wax’s Eviction Notice, available for free stream and download right here, right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.