Normally I wouldn’t bring up a ‘90s band like Better Than Ezra on a hip-hop site like The DJBooth, but when I first saw the title of Wax’s Rosana some strange synapse in my brain fired and I immediately thought of Ezra’s Rosealia, which is actually strangely fitting considering both songs are about…um…women whose names start with the letter R. Ok, so maybe the two songs don’t have that much in common, but if anyone should appreciate an off-kilter pop culture reference it’s Wax. Featuring production by Nobody Famous that bravely blends hip-hop percussion with mariachi strings and horns, Rosana finds the Scrublife author contemplating a woman who’s sexual appetite is even bigger than he can possibly manager: “Lotta joy, lotta pleasure, lotta pain, lotta misery / she turn me over she be draining me physically.” Excuse me if my sympathy is limited, I believe that’s what they call a good problem. Catchy, creative and often hilarious, this standout selection is an ample indication of what awaits listeners on Wax’s Eviction Notice, available for free stream and download right here, right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Usually when I go to shows I like to rock my "Detox Isn't Dropping" shirt; as it's good for a few laughs or the start of a good conversation with a hip-hop head. Yesterday, as I threw it on before heading to...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)