Normally I wouldn’t bring up a ‘90s band like Better Than Ezra on a hip-hop site like The DJBooth, but when I first saw the title of Wax’s Rosana some strange synapse in my brain fired and I immediately thought of Ezra’s Rosealia, which is actually strangely fitting considering both songs are about…um…women whose names start with the letter R. Ok, so maybe the two songs don’t have that much in common, but if anyone should appreciate an off-kilter pop culture reference it’s Wax. Featuring production by Nobody Famous that bravely blends hip-hop percussion with mariachi strings and horns, Rosana finds the Scrublife author contemplating a woman who’s sexual appetite is even bigger than he can possibly manager: “Lotta joy, lotta pleasure, lotta pain, lotta misery / she turn me over she be draining me physically.” Excuse me if my sympathy is limited, I believe that’s what they call a good problem. Catchy, creative and often hilarious, this standout selection is an ample indication of what awaits listeners on Wax’s Eviction Notice, available for free stream and download right here, right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.