On Booth debut, Music and Liquor, SoCal representative Wax spit a brutally honest chronicle of his struggles with the bottle, earning high reader praise for both his skills and his realness. Well, I’ve got good news and bad news. Bad news: nothing’s changed since we met him back in October. Good news… well, actually, that’s the good news, too. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, new single Red finds him as frustrated, f*cked-up and defiantly fresh as before. EOM once again mans the boards, cooking up a sparse, haunting beat fueled by Far-Eastern samples as Wax fills us in on his conflicted mindstate. Beginning with the announcement, “My future’s never been bright nor clear, so I don’t wear shades, I just buy more beer,” the emcee proceeds to drop three solid verses’ worth of the most cynically intelligent lyricism I’ve heard in a minute. As bitterly refreshing as a good Pinot Noir, this cut and much more can be found on Wax’s DJBooth-sponsored Scrublife mixtape, scheduled to hit our mixtape page sometime in late February/early March.
Written by richard on 01/19/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.