On Booth debut, Music and Liquor, SoCal representative Wax spit a brutally honest chronicle of his struggles with the bottle, earning high reader praise for both his skills and his realness. Well, I’ve got good news and bad news. Bad news: nothing’s changed since we met him back in October. Good news… well, actually, that’s the good news, too. Making its world premiere right here in the Booth, new single Red finds him as frustrated, f*cked-up and defiantly fresh as before. EOM once again mans the boards, cooking up a sparse, haunting beat fueled by Far-Eastern samples as Wax fills us in on his conflicted mindstate. Beginning with the announcement, “My future’s never been bright nor clear, so I don’t wear shades, I just buy more beer,” the emcee proceeds to drop three solid verses’ worth of the most cynically intelligent lyricism I’ve heard in a minute. As bitterly refreshing as a good Pinot Noir, this cut and much more can be found on Wax’s DJBooth-sponsored Scrublife mixtape, scheduled to hit our mixtape page sometime in late February/early March.
Written by richard on 01/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)