When you’re flush with cash, a relationship with a gold-digging beauty might not seem like such a bad idea. If you’re not, however, why overextend your wallet just to delay the inevitable moment when she dumps you for someone richer? On the inaugural entry in his newly-launched DJBooth/Earmilk-presented Unplugged series, Wax takes an easy-come, easy-go approach to romance, informing his girl, “...you’re gonna have to take a Paycut to be my chick.” The original version of Paycut can be found on Wax and Herbal T‘s Grizzly Season album, released way back in 2006. Keep it locked for further Unplugged selections from the Cali-based rapper/comic, dropping every Monday at 10:00 AM PST.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.