When you’re flush with cash, a relationship with a gold-digging beauty might not seem like such a bad idea. If you’re not, however, why overextend your wallet just to delay the inevitable moment when she dumps you for someone richer? On the inaugural entry in his newly-launched DJBooth/Earmilk-presented Unplugged series, Wax takes an easy-come, easy-go approach to romance, informing his girl, “...you’re gonna have to take a Paycut to be my chick.” The original version of Paycut can be found on Wax and Herbal T‘s Grizzly Season album, released way back in 2006. Keep it locked for further Unplugged selections from the Cali-based rapper/comic, dropping every Monday at 10:00 AM PST.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.