We all have that friend who, if they set down the bottle (or the blunt, or the Playstation controller), could easily parlay their natural talents into something great. Though the very fact that he’s featured in the Booth testifies to how much hustle he has in him, Wax has made a career out of playing “that guy.” On Outta My Mind, the latest Booth-exclusive world premiere in his Unplugged video series, the DMV-bred, Cali-residing rhymesayer, singer, instrumentalist and producer continues to document the constant tug-of-war going on in his psyche; while his dreams, his social life, and his relationships put up a good fight, they’re often no match for the combined forces of weed, liquor and laziness. This tragicomic, King David-produced banger is set for inclusion on a new, yet-unscheduled studio album—Wax’s first project since parting ways with Def Jam. In the meantime, keep tuning in every Monday for more exclusive entries in the artist’s DJBooth/Earmilk-presented series.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.