If you’ve ever unplugged the jukebox at your local watering hole, you know what happens: the music stops. (And, if you don’t happen to work at the bar, you probably know what it feels like to be escorted out by security.) Wax‘s Jukebox, on the other hand, not only keeps playing but arguably becomes even more entertaining when he yanks the cord on the latest entry in his DJBooth/Earmilk-exclusive Unplugged series. (Paycut and Rosana preceded it.) An extended riff on the frustrations of going to the club—from the hassle of dressing well enough to make it past face control, to the obnoxious music, to (especially) the exorbitant drink prices—this joint shows where the ex-Def Jam artist’s musical and comedic skillsets intersect, and the intimate presentation only heightens the appeal. Feeling it? Check back with the Booth every other Monday for more exclusive Unplugged videos from the man who brought us Eviction Notice and Scrublife.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.