If you’ve ever unplugged the jukebox at your local watering hole, you know what happens: the music stops. (And, if you don’t happen to work at the bar, you probably know what it feels like to be escorted out by security.) Wax‘s Jukebox, on the other hand, not only keeps playing but arguably becomes even more entertaining when he yanks the cord on the latest entry in his DJBooth/Earmilk-exclusive Unplugged series. (Paycut and Rosana preceded it.) An extended riff on the frustrations of going to the club—from the hassle of dressing well enough to make it past face control, to the obnoxious music, to (especially) the exorbitant drink prices—this joint shows where the ex-Def Jam artist’s musical and comedic skillsets intersect, and the intimate presentation only heightens the appeal. Feeling it? Check back with the Booth every other Monday for more exclusive Unplugged videos from the man who brought us Eviction Notice and Scrublife.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.