With thousands of loyal fans and several dope projects under his belt, I think it’s safe to say that Wax is doing well for himself. Even so, the Booth fave can’t help but wonder how things might have gone if he’d actually had his sh*t together, avoided weed and liquor, and applied himself from the get-go. On I Shoulda Tried Harder, the final single off his just-released independent debut album, the rapper revisits decades’ worth of squandered opportunities, wishing he’d put in that little bit of extra effort that could have set him on the path to 50 Cent or P. Diddy-scale success in the game. It all might be a little depressing, if it weren’t for Wax’s sunny, upbeat production, as well as his typically tongue-in-cheek delivery. Featuring this cut, reader-approved singles Toothbrush and We Can’t All Be Heroes and more, Continue… is available now for digital purchase via iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Wax’s Jay Ahn-directed I Shoulda Tried Harder visual.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)