With thousands of loyal fans and several dope projects under his belt, I think it’s safe to say that Wax is doing well for himself. Even so, the Booth fave can’t help but wonder how things might have gone if he’d actually had his sh*t together, avoided weed and liquor, and applied himself from the get-go. On I Shoulda Tried Harder, the final single off his just-released independent debut album, the rapper revisits decades’ worth of squandered opportunities, wishing he’d put in that little bit of extra effort that could have set him on the path to 50 Cent or P. Diddy-scale success in the game. It all might be a little depressing, if it weren’t for Wax’s sunny, upbeat production, as well as his typically tongue-in-cheek delivery. Featuring this cut, reader-approved singles Toothbrush and We Can’t All Be Heroes and more, Continue… is available now for digital purchase via iTunes.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Wax’s Jay Ahn-directed I Shoulda Tried Harder visual.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Music and Liquor" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.