Last we heard from George Watsky, the indie rapper and slam poet was urging listeners to do their part for the ‘hood and Kill a Hipster or two. On freshly-minted follow-up single Whoa Whoa Whoa, his homicidal rage hasn’t subsided, but the target has changed. This time around, he’s taking out his aggression on an intricate live-band beat by Anderson .Paak, Mister Carmack and Lo Def. In between the artist’s blistering triple-time verses, Deja, Paris, Milan and Kamia Timan provide an adorable, slightly incongruous children’s-choir hook. Jackson Adams‘s hyperkinetic visuals round out the package. Click here to pre-order Watsky’s All You Can Do LP in anticipation of 8/12 release via Steel Wool Records, and you’ll receive an instant download of Whoa Whoa Whoa in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.