Last we heard from George Watsky, the indie rapper and slam poet was urging listeners to do their part for the ‘hood and Kill a Hipster or two. On freshly-minted follow-up single Whoa Whoa Whoa, his homicidal rage hasn’t subsided, but the target has changed. This time around, he’s taking out his aggression on an intricate live-band beat by Anderson .Paak, Mister Carmack and Lo Def. In between the artist’s blistering triple-time verses, Deja, Paris, Milan and Kamia Timan provide an adorable, slightly incongruous children’s-choir hook. Jackson Adams‘s hyperkinetic visuals round out the package. Click here to pre-order Watsky’s All You Can Do LP in anticipation of 8/12 release via Steel Wool Records, and you’ll receive an instant download of Whoa Whoa Whoa in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.