Last we heard from George Watsky, the indie rapper and slam poet was urging listeners to do their part for the ‘hood and Kill a Hipster or two. On freshly-minted follow-up single Whoa Whoa Whoa, his homicidal rage hasn’t subsided, but the target has changed. This time around, he’s taking out his aggression on an intricate live-band beat by Anderson .Paak, Mister Carmack and Lo Def. In between the artist’s blistering triple-time verses, Deja, Paris, Milan and Kamia Timan provide an adorable, slightly incongruous children’s-choir hook. Jackson Adams‘s hyperkinetic visuals round out the package. Click here to pre-order Watsky’s All You Can Do LP in anticipation of 8/12 release via Steel Wool Records, and you’ll receive an instant download of Whoa Whoa Whoa in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)