Last we heard from George Watsky, the indie rapper and slam poet was urging listeners to do their part for the ‘hood and Kill a Hipster or two. On freshly-minted follow-up single Whoa Whoa Whoa, his homicidal rage hasn’t subsided, but the target has changed. This time around, he’s taking out his aggression on an intricate live-band beat by Anderson .Paak, Mister Carmack and Lo Def. In between the artist’s blistering triple-time verses, Deja, Paris, Milan and Kamia Timan provide an adorable, slightly incongruous children’s-choir hook. Jackson Adams‘s hyperkinetic visuals round out the package. Click here to pre-order Watsky’s All You Can Do LP in anticipation of 8/12 release via Steel Wool Records, and you’ll receive an instant download of Whoa Whoa Whoa in the bargain.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.