Whenever someone says “I liked that band before it was cool,” or “I want a PBR!”, it might be hard, but you have to resist the urge to Kill a Hipster. If you need to, feel free to live vicariously through Watsky, who takes on countless zombie/hipster hybrids in this creative video single. Daniel Riera and Andrew Oedel man the boards on this enjoyable, fun-loving cut, turning in a funky beat driven by a mariachi-esque horn section. Watsky and guest emcee Chinaka Hodge fiercely battle the zombie hipsters, but the collaborators’ clever wordplay isn’t enough to stop them from taking over. Who knew zombies (or hipsters, for that matter) could sing like that?!
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)