Whenever someone says “I liked that band before it was cool,” or “I want a PBR!”, it might be hard, but you have to resist the urge to Kill a Hipster. If you need to, feel free to live vicariously through Watsky, who takes on countless zombie/hipster hybrids in this creative video single. Daniel Riera and Andrew Oedel man the boards on this enjoyable, fun-loving cut, turning in a funky beat driven by a mariachi-esque horn section. Watsky and guest emcee Chinaka Hodge fiercely battle the zombie hipsters, but the collaborators’ clever wordplay isn’t enough to stop them from taking over. Who knew zombies (or hipsters, for that matter) could sing like that?!
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.