Whenever someone says “I liked that band before it was cool,” or “I want a PBR!”, it might be hard, but you have to resist the urge to Kill a Hipster. If you need to, feel free to live vicariously through Watsky, who takes on countless zombie/hipster hybrids in this creative video single. Daniel Riera and Andrew Oedel man the boards on this enjoyable, fun-loving cut, turning in a funky beat driven by a mariachi-esque horn section. Watsky and guest emcee Chinaka Hodge fiercely battle the zombie hipsters, but the collaborators’ clever wordplay isn’t enough to stop them from taking over. Who knew zombies (or hipsters, for that matter) could sing like that?!
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.