Whenever someone says “I liked that band before it was cool,” or “I want a PBR!”, it might be hard, but you have to resist the urge to Kill a Hipster. If you need to, feel free to live vicariously through Watsky, who takes on countless zombie/hipster hybrids in this creative video single. Daniel Riera and Andrew Oedel man the boards on this enjoyable, fun-loving cut, turning in a funky beat driven by a mariachi-esque horn section. Watsky and guest emcee Chinaka Hodge fiercely battle the zombie hipsters, but the collaborators’ clever wordplay isn’t enough to stop them from taking over. Who knew zombies (or hipsters, for that matter) could sing like that?!
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.