Whenever someone says “I liked that band before it was cool,” or “I want a PBR!”, it might be hard, but you have to resist the urge to Kill a Hipster. If you need to, feel free to live vicariously through Watsky, who takes on countless zombie/hipster hybrids in this creative video single. Daniel Riera and Andrew Oedel man the boards on this enjoyable, fun-loving cut, turning in a funky beat driven by a mariachi-esque horn section. Watsky and guest emcee Chinaka Hodge fiercely battle the zombie hipsters, but the collaborators’ clever wordplay isn’t enough to stop them from taking over. Who knew zombies (or hipsters, for that matter) could sing like that?!
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cardboard Castles" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.