As anyone who’s been one knows, kids are born artists. The only question is whether you cultivate your imagination, or let it fall by the wayside amidst the responsibilities of adult life. San Francisco emcee Watsky, for one, never stopped indulging his childhood desire to make sh*t; the raw materials simply turned from glue sticks and construction paper to snares, kicks and lyrics. On his latest single and album title track, released along with visuals by Jackson Adams, the up-and-comer traces his growth from a youngster building Cardboard Castles in the basement into an adult striving to build a life around his artistic aspirations. A currently-unknown beatsmith provides a low-key, piano-led instrumental to back his bars. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this poignant jam and many more fresh cuts on Cardboard Castles (the LP), available now via iTunes.
Steel Wool Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey, A**hole" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.