I’m not gonna lie; I’ve been known to sit and Watch The occasional Duck when relaxing by a body of water. Sometimes I even toss them a few pieces of bread. But never have I seen waterfowl produce anything as dope as the debut feature from this Epic Records-signed trio. A bluesy cut featured on the “trap-step” crew’s 2013 debut EP, Girlfriend has received the remix treatment courtesy of a prominent A-Town neighbor. In addition to Jesse Rankins’ soulfully retro vocals, delivered over the bluesy, brass-punctuated production of crewmates Eddie Smith III and Jonathan Wells, this rendition of the jam packs a newly-added guest verse from T.I., assisting in his capacity as captain of Hustle Gang. Richard Volsky and Steven C. Pitts direct the creative visuals, which parody the hidden camera reality show Cheaters. Fans can find the original, T.I.-less version of Girlfriend on Anatidaephobia, independently released to online retailers last summer.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not on My Watch" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.