I’m not gonna lie; I’ve been known to sit and Watch The occasional Duck when relaxing by a body of water. Sometimes I even toss them a few pieces of bread. But never have I seen waterfowl produce anything as dope as the debut feature from this Epic Records-signed trio. A bluesy cut featured on the “trap-step” crew’s 2013 debut EP, Girlfriend has received the remix treatment courtesy of a prominent A-Town neighbor. In addition to Jesse Rankins’ soulfully retro vocals, delivered over the bluesy, brass-punctuated production of crewmates Eddie Smith III and Jonathan Wells, this rendition of the jam packs a newly-added guest verse from T.I., assisting in his capacity as captain of Hustle Gang. Richard Volsky and Steven C. Pitts direct the creative visuals, which parody the hidden camera reality show Cheaters. Fans can find the original, T.I.-less version of Girlfriend on Anatidaephobia, independently released to online retailers last summer.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not on My Watch" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.