I’m not gonna lie; I’ve been known to sit and Watch The occasional Duck when relaxing by a body of water. Sometimes I even toss them a few pieces of bread. But never have I seen waterfowl produce anything as dope as the debut feature from this Epic Records-signed trio. A bluesy cut featured on the “trap-step” crew’s 2013 debut EP, Girlfriend has received the remix treatment courtesy of a prominent A-Town neighbor. In addition to Jesse Rankins’ soulfully retro vocals, delivered over the bluesy, brass-punctuated production of crewmates Eddie Smith III and Jonathan Wells, this rendition of the jam packs a newly-added guest verse from T.I., assisting in his capacity as captain of Hustle Gang. Richard Volsky and Steven C. Pitts direct the creative visuals, which parody the hidden camera reality show Cheaters. Fans can find the original, T.I.-less version of Girlfriend on Anatidaephobia, independently released to online retailers last summer.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not on My Watch" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.