Just how Live is warrenJae? Well, when you hit “play” on his latest mixtape leak, the South Carolina up-and-comer leaps though the computer screen into your house or apartment and performs the record in-person, just for you. Yep, pretty live. (Disclaimer: That’s totally false. Also, Poppin’ Fresh doesn’t actually jump out when you open a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls). Anyway, on to the record itself: making its world premiere in the Booth, this sultry selection finds DJ Burn One mixing gritty funk samples with atmospheric synths as the Our Season emcee sweet-talks a “...black Barbie” at the local spot. Though she has a man, he rules that she’s fair game, reasoning, “Ain’t tryin’ to be no homewrecker, but if it’s like that he should be at home wit’ her.” When it’s clear the headliner’s got said shawty under his spell, Little Brother alum Rapper Big Pooh grabs the mic for a little flirtatious braggadocio of his own, assuring listeners that there’s plenty of his “polyamory flow” to go around. Need more warrenJae in your life? You’re in luck: his new, Booth-sponsored The Dream Catcher street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download tomorrow, May 11.
Written by richard on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
Unsigned / Independent
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Our Season" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.