If you’re well-versed in West Coast hip-hop, you already know Warren G‘s story: with five solo albums and a “classic” hit single (Regulate) under his belt, Dr. Dre‘s Long Beach-based stepbrother has already carved his legacy into the industry’s oceanside pavement. On the first single off album #6, The G Files, Warren explains exactly what makes him so appealing to the ladies: it’s because his Swagger Rich (before you launch into a tirade against the word’s overuse, remember that “swagger”—as in laid-back flow and beat style—is what got Warren G to where he is today). Fellow 213 alumnus Snoop Dogg proves that he’s still the life of the party in his guest verse and Cass delivers on the hook, but this track is all about the headliner, who does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. If you’re a Warren G devotee, you’re in for a major treat when The G Files drops September 29th.
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
G FunK Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush ft. Ray J" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.