If you’re well-versed in West Coast hip-hop, you already know Warren G‘s story: with five solo albums and a “classic” hit single (Regulate) under his belt, Dr. Dre‘s Long Beach-based stepbrother has already carved his legacy into the industry’s oceanside pavement. On the first single off album #6, The G Files, Warren explains exactly what makes him so appealing to the ladies: it’s because his Swagger Rich (before you launch into a tirade against the word’s overuse, remember that “swagger”—as in laid-back flow and beat style—is what got Warren G to where he is today). Fellow 213 alumnus Snoop Dogg proves that he’s still the life of the party in his guest verse and Cass delivers on the hook, but this track is all about the headliner, who does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. If you’re a Warren G devotee, you’re in for a major treat when The G Files drops September 29th.
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
G FunK Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush ft. Ray J" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.