If you’re well-versed in West Coast hip-hop, you already know Warren G‘s story: with five solo albums and a “classic” hit single (Regulate) under his belt, Dr. Dre‘s Long Beach-based stepbrother has already carved his legacy into the industry’s oceanside pavement. On the first single off album #6, The G Files, Warren explains exactly what makes him so appealing to the ladies: it’s because his Swagger Rich (before you launch into a tirade against the word’s overuse, remember that “swagger”—as in laid-back flow and beat style—is what got Warren G to where he is today). Fellow 213 alumnus Snoop Dogg proves that he’s still the life of the party in his guest verse and Cass delivers on the hook, but this track is all about the headliner, who does double-duty on the mic and behind the boards. If you’re a Warren G devotee, you’re in for a major treat when The G Files drops September 29th.
Written by Burmy on 07/27/09
Submit your Rating
G FunK Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush ft. Ray J" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.