Fifteen year veteran Warren G, the man who brought us the Nate Dogg-assisted party jam Regulate, is returning to the mainstream with a brand new project. Entitled The G Files, the album will be the sixth of the Long Beach, California native’s career and the first release off of his own G Funk label (with distribution via Koch). On the album’s lead single, Crush, Warren scoops up West Coast resident Ray J for the hook singing and tackles the production work himself. Though G’s new sound is unlike his past material, the emcee shows he is willing to roll with the changing music climate and provide a product that is both trendy and radio-ready.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
G FunK Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swagger Rich" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.