Fifteen year veteran Warren G, the man who brought us the Nate Dogg-assisted party jam Regulate, is returning to the mainstream with a brand new project. Entitled The G Files, the album will be the sixth of the Long Beach, California native’s career and the first release off of his own G Funk label (with distribution via Koch). On the album’s lead single, Crush, Warren scoops up West Coast resident Ray J for the hook singing and tackles the production work himself. Though G’s new sound is unlike his past material, the emcee shows he is willing to roll with the changing music climate and provide a product that is both trendy and radio-ready.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
G FunK Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swagger Rich" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.