Fifteen year veteran Warren G, the man who brought us the Nate Dogg-assisted party jam Regulate, is returning to the mainstream with a brand new project. Entitled The G Files, the album will be the sixth of the Long Beach, California native’s career and the first release off of his own G Funk label (with distribution via Koch). On the album’s lead single, Crush, Warren scoops up West Coast resident Ray J for the hook singing and tackles the production work himself. Though G’s new sound is unlike his past material, the emcee shows he is willing to roll with the changing music climate and provide a product that is both trendy and radio-ready.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/08
Submit your Rating
G FunK Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swagger Rich" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.