If you’re a fan of The Warm Brew, go ahead and announce your presence with a hearty “Word!” Let’s hear from the ladies in the house… OK, just the fellas this time. Now that you’re all warmed up, you’re ready to take a listen to the Cali threesome’s latest single, which finds Ray Wright, Manu Li and Serk Spliff leading listeners in a little call and response. Despite the focus on audience participation, this joint’s mood is decidedly chill; Lord Quest and co-producer DeUno go minimal behind the boards, augmenting a simple, organ-laced rhythm section with understated synth harmonies, and the crew come with nonchalant, self-confident bars to match. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to hop into Warm Brew’s Ride on Wednesday, July 17, when their latest full-length hits online retailers.
Written by richard on 06/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Willing to Ride" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.