Despite their unappetizing stage name, the Warm Brew didn’t fail to leave Booth readers refreshed when they introduced themselves with early-April’s coffee-shop-funky Willing to Ride. Today, the Los Angeles crew return to prove that cut’s freshness was no mere fluke, with the world premiere of Nothin From Nothin, a new mixtape leak just as cool, catchy and unexpected as its predecessor. For the two or three of you who didn’t immediately start humming along upon reading the title, Listed (of Seven Day)’ production is based around Billy Preston’s soul classic of the same name; over those compulsively head-noddable piano chords and exuberant brass blasts, Espy, Serk Spliff, Baby Boy Manu Li and Ray Wright school listeners on the not-to-be-underestimated importance of monetary concerns in relationships. In engagingly-flowed verses, the crew spit about just how attractive financial independence is in a woman—throw in a high IQ and cooking skills, and we may be talking wifey material. Has this selection whet your appetite for more? You’ll find what you’re craving on the Warm Brew’s Booth-sponsored, self-titled EP, set to drop June 9, as well as on their brand new promo video.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Willing to Ride" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.