Despite their unappetizing stage name, the Warm Brew didn’t fail to leave Booth readers refreshed when they introduced themselves with early-April’s coffee-shop-funky Willing to Ride. Today, the Los Angeles crew return to prove that cut’s freshness was no mere fluke, with the world premiere of Nothin From Nothin, a new mixtape leak just as cool, catchy and unexpected as its predecessor. For the two or three of you who didn’t immediately start humming along upon reading the title, Listed (of Seven Day)’ production is based around Billy Preston’s soul classic of the same name; over those compulsively head-noddable piano chords and exuberant brass blasts, Espy, Serk Spliff, Baby Boy Manu Li and Ray Wright school listeners on the not-to-be-underestimated importance of monetary concerns in relationships. In engagingly-flowed verses, the crew spit about just how attractive financial independence is in a woman—throw in a high IQ and cooking skills, and we may be talking wifey material. Has this selection whet your appetite for more? You’ll find what you’re craving on the Warm Brew’s Booth-sponsored, self-titled EP, set to drop June 9, as well as on their brand new promo video.
Written by richard on 05/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Willing to Ride" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.