Back in May, Thrift Shop hookman WANZ made his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Tell Me One More Time, the lead single off his next EP. Today, the independent singer, songwriter and producer returns to bring us the world premiere of the follow-up, project title track Wander. On this mid-tempo jam, the artist takes a step back from his first feature’s romantic themes to offer a broad-stroke outline of his life philosophy. Over his own leisurely rhythm section and resonant, retro-informed keys, WANZ chronicles his efforts to maintain forward momentum in the face of indecision and self-doubt. Despite his internal struggles, he pledges to continue striving for excellence, confident that “happy ever after is happenin’ right now.” Like what you’re hearing? More catchy cuts await on the Wander EP, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 13.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.