Back in May, Thrift Shop hookman WANZ made his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Tell Me One More Time, the lead single off his next EP. Today, the independent singer, songwriter and producer returns to bring us the world premiere of the follow-up, project title track Wander. On this mid-tempo jam, the artist takes a step back from his first feature’s romantic themes to offer a broad-stroke outline of his life philosophy. Over his own leisurely rhythm section and resonant, retro-informed keys, WANZ chronicles his efforts to maintain forward momentum in the face of indecision and self-doubt. Despite his internal struggles, he pledges to continue striving for excellence, confident that “happy ever after is happenin’ right now.” Like what you’re hearing? More catchy cuts await on the Wander EP, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.