Back in May, Thrift Shop hookman WANZ made his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Tell Me One More Time, the lead single off his next EP. Today, the independent singer, songwriter and producer returns to bring us the world premiere of the follow-up, project title track Wander. On this mid-tempo jam, the artist takes a step back from his first feature’s romantic themes to offer a broad-stroke outline of his life philosophy. Over his own leisurely rhythm section and resonant, retro-informed keys, WANZ chronicles his efforts to maintain forward momentum in the face of indecision and self-doubt. Despite his internal struggles, he pledges to continue striving for excellence, confident that “happy ever after is happenin’ right now.” Like what you’re hearing? More catchy cuts await on the Wander EP, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.