Back in May, Thrift Shop hookman WANZ made his first foray into the solo Booth spotlight with Tell Me One More Time, the lead single off his next EP. Today, the independent singer, songwriter and producer returns to bring us the world premiere of the follow-up, project title track Wander. On this mid-tempo jam, the artist takes a step back from his first feature’s romantic themes to offer a broad-stroke outline of his life philosophy. Over his own leisurely rhythm section and resonant, retro-informed keys, WANZ chronicles his efforts to maintain forward momentum in the face of indecision and self-doubt. Despite his internal struggles, he pledges to continue striving for excellence, confident that “happy ever after is happenin’ right now.” Like what you’re hearing? More catchy cuts await on the Wander EP, scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 13.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.