Six months or so ago, Michael “Wanz” Wansley was working full-time as a software test engineer while pursuing music on the side. Then, Thrift Shop happened. The massive success of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ 2012 single offered the 51-year-old singer the opportunity to get his name and face out in front of a national audience, supporting the duo in televised performances as well as accompanying them on tour. Now, he’s angling to parlay that momentum into a solo career in the game. On debut single Tell Me One More Time, the lead effort off his forthcoming EP, Wanz showcases his talents as a producer as well as a vocalist; over his own boardwork, a lightly funky groove driven by a vocoded bassline, the singer soulfully addresses a woman who’s threatening to walk out the door. Wanz’ Wander EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.