Six months or so ago, Michael “Wanz” Wansley was working full-time as a software test engineer while pursuing music on the side. Then, Thrift Shop happened. The massive success of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ 2012 single offered the 51-year-old singer the opportunity to get his name and face out in front of a national audience, supporting the duo in televised performances as well as accompanying them on tour. Now, he’s angling to parlay that momentum into a solo career in the game. On debut single Tell Me One More Time, the lead effort off his forthcoming EP, Wanz showcases his talents as a producer as well as a vocalist; over his own boardwork, a lightly funky groove driven by a vocoded bassline, the singer soulfully addresses a woman who’s threatening to walk out the door. Wanz’ Wander EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.