Six months or so ago, Michael “Wanz” Wansley was working full-time as a software test engineer while pursuing music on the side. Then, Thrift Shop happened. The massive success of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ 2012 single offered the 51-year-old singer the opportunity to get his name and face out in front of a national audience, supporting the duo in televised performances as well as accompanying them on tour. Now, he’s angling to parlay that momentum into a solo career in the game. On debut single Tell Me One More Time, the lead effort off his forthcoming EP, Wanz showcases his talents as a producer as well as a vocalist; over his own boardwork, a lightly funky groove driven by a vocoded bassline, the singer soulfully addresses a woman who’s threatening to walk out the door. Wanz’ Wander EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.