Six months or so ago, Michael “Wanz” Wansley was working full-time as a software test engineer while pursuing music on the side. Then, Thrift Shop happened. The massive success of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ 2012 single offered the 51-year-old singer the opportunity to get his name and face out in front of a national audience, supporting the duo in televised performances as well as accompanying them on tour. Now, he’s angling to parlay that momentum into a solo career in the game. On debut single Tell Me One More Time, the lead effort off his forthcoming EP, Wanz showcases his talents as a producer as well as a vocalist; over his own boardwork, a lightly funky groove driven by a vocoded bassline, the singer soulfully addresses a woman who’s threatening to walk out the door. Wanz’ Wander EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.