Six months or so ago, Michael “Wanz” Wansley was working full-time as a software test engineer while pursuing music on the side. Then, Thrift Shop happened. The massive success of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ 2012 single offered the 51-year-old singer the opportunity to get his name and face out in front of a national audience, supporting the duo in televised performances as well as accompanying them on tour. Now, he’s angling to parlay that momentum into a solo career in the game. On debut single Tell Me One More Time, the lead effort off his forthcoming EP, Wanz showcases his talents as a producer as well as a vocalist; over his own boardwork, a lightly funky groove driven by a vocoded bassline, the singer soulfully addresses a woman who’s threatening to walk out the door. Wanz’ Wander EP as yet lacks a drop date but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 04/22/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.