I have a mental checklist I run through when listening to a new artist to see if their sound and image will appeal to me. It all starts with the cover art, which can immediately intrigue me or start off on the wrong foot. Upon seeing North Carolina spitter Wally Left’s artwork for standout single World Series, I was glad to take a listen, and even happier to report the audio matches the visuals. With an instrumental taken from a Chuck Inglish (of The Cool Kids) beat tape, World Series is a mellow track with dulcet piano riffs that allow the NC emcee to take flight and lyrically hover over the track. With intricate rhymes and heavy usage of alliteration throughout, Wally keeps you hanging on to each word as you catch the contrasts and constant consonants that come out his vocal cords. Wally Left’s 8-track project, LCGT$, featuring production entirely by Chuck Inglish, is available for free stream and download now, so make sure to take a listen and see if Wally makes it through your new artist checklist.
Update: We have added the Acid Proof-directed visuals for Wally Left’s World Series single, originally released in August of 2012.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.