I have a mental checklist I run through when listening to a new artist to see if their sound and image will appeal to me. It all starts with the cover art, which can immediately intrigue me or start off on the wrong foot. Upon seeing North Carolina spitter Wally Left’s artwork for standout single World Series, I was glad to take a listen, and even happier to report the audio matches the visuals. With an instrumental taken from a Chuck Inglish (of The Cool Kids) beat tape, World Series is a mellow track with dulcet piano riffs that allow the NC emcee to take flight and lyrically hover over the track. With intricate rhymes and heavy usage of alliteration throughout, Wally keeps you hanging on to each word as you catch the contrasts and constant consonants that come out his vocal cords. Wally Left’s 8-track project, LCGT$, featuring production entirely by Chuck Inglish, is available for free stream and download now, so make sure to take a listen and see if Wally makes it through your new artist checklist.
Update: We have added the Acid Proof-directed visuals for Wally Left’s World Series single, originally released in August of 2012.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 01/30/14
North Carolina emcee Wally Left has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the World Series EP. The project packs a total of eight original jams from the up-and-coming rhymesayer,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.