You have to find joy in the simple things: a well played pun, a clean white tee and, if you’re an artist, love from your fans. These are all things that North Carolina emcee Wally Left, aka Skinny Kenny, appreciates. On Welch Chamberlain, Wally plays off of the ever so cool aura of NBA Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain and well known grape juice company Welch’s to explain his affinity for some of his favorites like purple/aqua colored Jordans, particularly the 5’s and 8’s, and gold links. (And don’t worry Mr. Left, your son understands why you had to sell your OG pairs back in the day.) Wally packs plenty of wordplay into the single (Mad props for that Hey Arnold reference by the way.), something fans should be familiar with from his work on the DJBooth-hosted EP, World Series. So, are you drinking the juice Wally is pouring?
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.