You have to find joy in the simple things: a well played pun, a clean white tee and, if you’re an artist, love from your fans. These are all things that North Carolina emcee Wally Left, aka Skinny Kenny, appreciates. On Welch Chamberlain, Wally plays off of the ever so cool aura of NBA Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain and well known grape juice company Welch’s to explain his affinity for some of his favorites like purple/aqua colored Jordans, particularly the 5’s and 8’s, and gold links. (And don’t worry Mr. Left, your son understands why you had to sell your OG pairs back in the day.) Wally packs plenty of wordplay into the single (Mad props for that Hey Arnold reference by the way.), something fans should be familiar with from his work on the DJBooth-hosted EP, World Series. So, are you drinking the juice Wally is pouring?
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.