You have to find joy in the simple things: a well played pun, a clean white tee and, if you’re an artist, love from your fans. These are all things that North Carolina emcee Wally Left, aka Skinny Kenny, appreciates. On Welch Chamberlain, Wally plays off of the ever so cool aura of NBA Hall of Famer Wilt Chamberlain and well known grape juice company Welch’s to explain his affinity for some of his favorites like purple/aqua colored Jordans, particularly the 5’s and 8’s, and gold links. (And don’t worry Mr. Left, your son understands why you had to sell your OG pairs back in the day.) Wally packs plenty of wordplay into the single (Mad props for that Hey Arnold reference by the way.), something fans should be familiar with from his work on the DJBooth-hosted EP, World Series. So, are you drinking the juice Wally is pouring?
Written by Bryan H on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.