If you woke up Saturday morning to find the sky dark and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse standing on your doorstep, would you be happy with what you’d accomplished on this earth? Wally Left would; the North Carolina repper hustles every day like there’s No Tomorrow, so the prospect of the world ending doesn’t faze him. Though he’s not wasting time, he keeps it enjoyably low-key on his latest promotional single, lacing Ackrye‘s breezy guitar/piano loops with cocksure commentary on the flyness of his wardrobe and the ineptitude of his competition (“I’ve been watchin’ your moves / and you maneuver like a baby bird that ain’t quite learned the rules / of flight.”). This joint isn’t part of a larger set but, assuming there is a tomorrow, you can watch our pages for more from Wally Left going into 2014.
Written by richard on 12/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.