On a day when a long list of powerhouse artists grace the DJBooth’s homepage together (think of the new Miami Heat), a solo effort from Mr. Folarin has also emerged for your listening pleasure. Wale’s latest effort, his first real solo feature after a relative hiatus, is the quickly paced Workin’, a track that tells listeners exactly what Mr. No Days Off has actually been up to since his debut album took off (hint: he’s talking about a more lavish style of work). UK producer Yogi puts down a heavy rock, club-ready beat for Wale to describe his latest self-proclaimed accolades - “If you call me a genius, nobody would disagree” – and the end result is a banging cut that should have Wale fans clamoring for more new work from the man. Speaking of which, while Workin’ is not on Wale’s forthcoming Seinfeld-inspired sequel project, the aloofly titled More About Nothing, the upcoming mixtape should prove to be more than worthy of a good listen if this is one of its throwaway tracks. We’ll find out for sure on August 3.
Written by Sigurd on 07/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.