Fresh off joining French Montana on the Bad Boy phenom’s recent ode to R&B Chicks, Wale bounces back with a soulful loosie of his own. As you may have surmised from the title, the Maybach Music signee takes us to church on the freshly-minted MMG Under God. Incorporating fluid guitar keyboard/loops and ecstatic vocal samples, Tone P‘s beat has an uplifting gospel feel. Wale’s braggadocious verses are more on the secular side, but, hey, who says listening to some stellar bars can’t be a spiritual experience? An uncredited ensemble of backing vocalists lend their soaring harmonies to the bridge. This joint is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s upcoming, yet-unscheduled Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.