Fresh off joining French Montana on the Bad Boy phenom’s recent ode to R&B Chicks, Wale bounces back with a soulful loosie of his own. As you may have surmised from the title, the Maybach Music signee takes us to church on the freshly-minted MMG Under God. Incorporating fluid guitar keyboard/loops and ecstatic vocal samples, Tone P‘s beat has an uplifting gospel feel. Wale’s braggadocious verses are more on the secular side, but, hey, who says listening to some stellar bars can’t be a spiritual experience? An uncredited ensemble of backing vocalists lend their soaring harmonies to the bridge. This joint is just a loosie, but fans should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s upcoming, yet-unscheduled Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/15/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)