In contemporary hip-hop culture, everyone’s looking to get their two cents in—and Wale, for one, has had enough. On freshly-released freestyle Too Much Talk, the MMG rapper takes a homeopathic approach to the problem, combating careless chatter with a little elocution of his own. Backed by C-Note‘s triumphant, synth-driven grooves, the DMV heavyweight delivers bars designed to silence his rivals in the rap game and his critics in the blogosphere. Despite his disgust with bloviating haters, Mr. Folarin is clearly having a good time. You can hear the emcee crack himself up as he boasts of being “the Bo Jacks of profound raps” and threatens to turn your girl out “like a cocky neighbor.” Find his enthusiasm infectious? Though Talk won’t be attached to the project, you can expect plenty more dope beats and witty braggadocio where this came from on the artist’s Folarin tape, due out January 24.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.