Wale has never been shy about his criticisms of the music game, or his intention to call Attention to our current Deficit of quality tunes, but it isn’t till now that fans have been privy to the Washington, D.C. rapper’s full mission statement. Recorded way back in 2007 and considered for placement as the intro to the emcee’s debut studio album, musical ‘manifesto’ The Meeting finds Wale laying it all on the table in front of an audience of industry suits. Nike Boots beatsmith Osinachi‘s unique instrumental ebbs and flows from synth ambiance to a chaotically dense, percussion-driven groove as the emcee illustrates just how big of an asset he’ll be to any label who picks him up. After asking the execs to choose between, “...an average n*gga with swagger and an ugly n*gga with skills,” he reveals that it was simply a rhetorical question – he’s got charisma and substance, not to mention he’s one-hundred percent real. For more hot tunes from the superstar rapper that this hungry up-and-comer grew to become, pick up a copy of Attention: Deficit, out now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Wale
Written by richard on 12/21/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.