Wale has never been shy about his criticisms of the music game, or his intention to call Attention to our current Deficit of quality tunes, but it isn’t till now that fans have been privy to the Washington, D.C. rapper’s full mission statement. Recorded way back in 2007 and considered for placement as the intro to the emcee’s debut studio album, musical ‘manifesto’ The Meeting finds Wale laying it all on the table in front of an audience of industry suits. Nike Boots beatsmith Osinachi‘s unique instrumental ebbs and flows from synth ambiance to a chaotically dense, percussion-driven groove as the emcee illustrates just how big of an asset he’ll be to any label who picks him up. After asking the execs to choose between, “...an average n*gga with swagger and an ugly n*gga with skills,” he reveals that it was simply a rhetorical question – he’s got charisma and substance, not to mention he’s one-hundred percent real. For more hot tunes from the superstar rapper that this hungry up-and-comer grew to become, pick up a copy of Attention: Deficit, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.