Wale has never been shy about his criticisms of the music game, or his intention to call Attention to our current Deficit of quality tunes, but it isn’t till now that fans have been privy to the Washington, D.C. rapper’s full mission statement. Recorded way back in 2007 and considered for placement as the intro to the emcee’s debut studio album, musical ‘manifesto’ The Meeting finds Wale laying it all on the table in front of an audience of industry suits. Nike Boots beatsmith Osinachi‘s unique instrumental ebbs and flows from synth ambiance to a chaotically dense, percussion-driven groove as the emcee illustrates just how big of an asset he’ll be to any label who picks him up. After asking the execs to choose between, “...an average n*gga with swagger and an ugly n*gga with skills,” he reveals that it was simply a rhetorical question – he’s got charisma and substance, not to mention he’s one-hundred percent real. For more hot tunes from the superstar rapper that this hungry up-and-comer grew to become, pick up a copy of Attention: Deficit, out now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Wale Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.