Wale has never been shy about his criticisms of the music game, or his intention to call Attention to our current Deficit of quality tunes, but it isn’t till now that fans have been privy to the Washington, D.C. rapper’s full mission statement. Recorded way back in 2007 and considered for placement as the intro to the emcee’s debut studio album, musical ‘manifesto’ The Meeting finds Wale laying it all on the table in front of an audience of industry suits. Nike Boots beatsmith Osinachi‘s unique instrumental ebbs and flows from synth ambiance to a chaotically dense, percussion-driven groove as the emcee illustrates just how big of an asset he’ll be to any label who picks him up. After asking the execs to choose between, “...an average n*gga with swagger and an ugly n*gga with skills,” he reveals that it was simply a rhetorical question – he’s got charisma and substance, not to mention he’s one-hundred percent real. For more hot tunes from the superstar rapper that this hungry up-and-comer grew to become, pick up a copy of Attention: Deficit, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.