Yesterday, Maybach Music labelmates Wale and Meek Mill became the subject of the Twitter-verse’s latest tempest in a tea kettle when he latter lashed out at the former for failling to retweet a tweet announcing his sophomore album. Yeah, that’s literally it. But hey, that pointless story made a good segue into talking about Wale’s latest loosie, The Followers. On this understated jam, Mr. Akintimehin takes some time out to contemplate his place in the hip-hop game, interweaving his reflections with sophisticated, pop-referential punchlines. Pro Reese and Marce Reazon produce the jam’s head-noddable, guitar-laced backdrop. Followers isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest from Wale, including release details on his upcoming Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.