Yesterday, Maybach Music labelmates Wale and Meek Mill became the subject of the Twitter-verse’s latest tempest in a tea kettle when he latter lashed out at the former for failling to retweet a tweet announcing his sophomore album. Yeah, that’s literally it. But hey, that pointless story made a good segue into talking about Wale’s latest loosie, The Followers. On this understated jam, Mr. Akintimehin takes some time out to contemplate his place in the hip-hop game, interweaving his reflections with sophisticated, pop-referential punchlines. Pro Reese and Marce Reazon produce the jam’s head-noddable, guitar-laced backdrop. Followers isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest from Wale, including release details on his upcoming Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)