Update: The Jon J and Shaun Ross-directed visuals for Wale’s The Followers single have been added.
Yesterday, Maybach Music labelmates Wale and Meek Mill became the subject of the Twitter-verse’s latest tempest in a tea kettle when he latter lashed out at the former for failling to retweet a tweet announcing his sophomore album. Yeah, that’s literally it. But hey, that pointless story made a good segue into talking about Wale’s latest loosie, The Followers. On this understated jam, Mr. Akintimehin takes some time out to contemplate his place in the hip-hop game, interweaving his reflections with sophisticated, pop-referential punchlines. Pro Reese and Marce Reazon produce the jam’s head-noddable, guitar-laced backdrop. Followers isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest from Wale, including release details on his upcoming Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 11/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.