Update: The Jon J and Shaun Ross-directed visuals for Wale’s The Followers single have been added.
Yesterday, Maybach Music labelmates Wale and Meek Mill became the subject of the Twitter-verse’s latest tempest in a tea kettle when he latter lashed out at the former for failling to retweet a tweet announcing his sophomore album. Yeah, that’s literally it. But hey, that pointless story made a good segue into talking about Wale’s latest loosie, The Followers. On this understated jam, Mr. Akintimehin takes some time out to contemplate his place in the hip-hop game, interweaving his reflections with sophisticated, pop-referential punchlines. Pro Reese and Marce Reazon produce the jam’s head-noddable, guitar-laced backdrop. Followers isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest from Wale, including release details on his upcoming Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 11/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)