Yesterday, Maybach Music labelmates Wale and Meek Mill became the subject of the Twitter-verse’s latest tempest in a tea kettle when he latter lashed out at the former for failling to retweet a tweet announcing his sophomore album. Yeah, that’s literally it. But hey, that pointless story made a good segue into talking about Wale’s latest loosie, The Followers. On this understated jam, Mr. Akintimehin takes some time out to contemplate his place in the hip-hop game, interweaving his reflections with sophisticated, pop-referential punchlines. Pro Reese and Marce Reazon produce the jam’s head-noddable, guitar-laced backdrop. Followers isn’t part of a larger set, but fans should keep it locked for the latest from Wale, including release details on his upcoming Album About Nothing.
Written by richard on 07/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.