To Wale, the fact that he has a platform for his music and thousands of fans hanging on his every rhyme is proof positive that someone up there likes him. On The Blessings, the latest song release off his forthcoming mixtape, the D.C. heavyweight takes some time out to give thanks for his rap career, his material wealth, and the other fly sh*t that fills his life. LG does his thing on the production tip, flipping a lush, string-laced sample as the MMG signee revels in the fruits of his hard work and good fortune. Will Blessings help Wale bounce back from the lukewarm reviews he received for Too Much Talk, the loosie freestyle he dropped off on our front page on Wednesday? I think I know the answer but, as always, I’ll let y’all decide. Either way, you can expect more high-rolling bangers on the artist’s Folarin street album, scheduled for free digital release December 24, aka Christmas Eve.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.