To Wale, the fact that he has a platform for his music and thousands of fans hanging on his every rhyme is proof positive that someone up there likes him. On The Blessings, the latest song release off his forthcoming mixtape, the D.C. heavyweight takes some time out to give thanks for his rap career, his material wealth, and the other fly sh*t that fills his life. LG does his thing on the production tip, flipping a lush, string-laced sample as the MMG signee revels in the fruits of his hard work and good fortune. Will Blessings help Wale bounce back from the lukewarm reviews he received for Too Much Talk, the loosie freestyle he dropped off on our front page on Wednesday? I think I know the answer but, as always, I’ll let y’all decide. Either way, you can expect more high-rolling bangers on the artist’s Folarin street album, scheduled for free digital release December 24, aka Christmas Eve.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.