To Wale, the fact that he has a platform for his music and thousands of fans hanging on his every rhyme is proof positive that someone up there likes him. On The Blessings, the latest song release off his forthcoming mixtape, the D.C. heavyweight takes some time out to give thanks for his rap career, his material wealth, and the other fly sh*t that fills his life. LG does his thing on the production tip, flipping a lush, string-laced sample as the MMG signee revels in the fruits of his hard work and good fortune. Will Blessings help Wale bounce back from the lukewarm reviews he received for Too Much Talk, the loosie freestyle he dropped off on our front page on Wednesday? I think I know the answer but, as always, I’ll let y’all decide. Either way, you can expect more high-rolling bangers on the artist’s Folarin street album, scheduled for free digital release December 24, aka Christmas Eve.
Written by richard on 12/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.