After spending time with So Many Girls thanks to DJ Drama and friends earlier in the week, Maybach Music Group‘s most eloquent lyricist mellows things out just in time for the weekend on his new record The Arrival. Wale unleashed the record via the Zuckerberg-led, social media powerhouse that is Facebook on Thursday, and while the rapid record barely lasts more than two minutes, it does pack a heavy lyrical punch. Soulfully mellow production from producer Ceezy (of Da Rangerz) and a non-existent hook make for a kind of straight-no-chaser audio backdrop for the DMV representer, who doesn’t shy away from the occasional boast or two on the record. The Arrival is not attached to any larger project from Wale, but he does give his next studio album a brief mention as he comments, “My next one a movie/Cause third time’s a charm, that’s word to Sam Bowie.”
Written by Danielle H. on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)