After spending time with So Many Girls thanks to DJ Drama and friends earlier in the week, Maybach Music Group‘s most eloquent lyricist mellows things out just in time for the weekend on his new record The Arrival. Wale unleashed the record via the Zuckerberg-led, social media powerhouse that is Facebook on Thursday, and while the rapid record barely lasts more than two minutes, it does pack a heavy lyrical punch. Soulfully mellow production from producer Ceezy (of Da Rangerz) and a non-existent hook make for a kind of straight-no-chaser audio backdrop for the DMV representer, who doesn’t shy away from the occasional boast or two on the record. The Arrival is not attached to any larger project from Wale, but he does give his next studio album a brief mention as he comments, “My next one a movie/Cause third time’s a charm, that’s word to Sam Bowie.”
Written by Danielle H. on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.