Though Wale‘s junior set hit stores back in June of 2013, The Gifted is a gift that just seems to keep on giving. Just in time for spring, the DMV heavyweight has liberated the official remix of Sunshine, a soulful standout cut off the set. This rendition of the record retains the headliner’s original second verse (now third), as well as Tone P and Stokley Williams lush flip of Stevie Wonder’s Tuesday Heartbreak, but two fresh guest verses round out the package. Maybach Music boss Ricky Rozay tries his hand at inspirational lyricism on the front, and Chi-town veteran Common laces the middle with some self-assured wordplay. Better than the album version? That, my friends, is for you to decide. While this remix isn’t attached to a larger project, those craving more from Wale can always check out his recent guest contribution to Miguel‘s cover of Bennie and the Jets.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.