Though Wale‘s junior set hit stores back in June of 2013, The Gifted is a gift that just seems to keep on giving. Just in time for spring, the DMV heavyweight has liberated the official remix of Sunshine, a soulful standout cut off the set. This rendition of the record retains the headliner’s original second verse (now third), as well as Tone P and Stokley Williams lush flip of Stevie Wonder’s Tuesday Heartbreak, but two fresh guest verses round out the package. Maybach Music boss Ricky Rozay tries his hand at inspirational lyricism on the front, and Chi-town veteran Common laces the middle with some self-assured wordplay. Better than the album version? That, my friends, is for you to decide. While this remix isn’t attached to a larger project, those craving more from Wale can always check out his recent guest contribution to Miguel‘s cover of Bennie and the Jets.
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.