While mixtapes are dope, dope remixes of dope mixtapes are ever doper! (Ok, I’m off the dope.) While many don’t like their favorite tracks off an album touched, upcoming producer Sunny Norway may be one who can get away with it. On his latest remix release, Sun. Day. Breeze, Sunny reworks a stand out cut from Wale’s last mixtape, More About Nothing, and does not disappoint. Starting off very slow and melodic, the instrumentals eventually progress into a nice drum beat that features heavy bass and snare. Accompanied by piano keys, which keep a simple yet catchy rhythm, Sunny gives the track a style that very well matches the songs title. (One that a few believed was missing from the original.) Although at times the hook may feel like the instrumentals and flows are a little but off sync, overall, the song is definitely one of those remixes that may top its predecessor. While it’s hard for us to get Wale and Wiz’ first attempt out of our head, Norway has given us a nice summer remix on a hopefully breezy sunny day.
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nike Boots" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.